A lot of couples that I work with express a desire to increase the intimacy in their relationship. Today I want to share 10 secrets in increasing relationship intimacy through communication.
- Look for the good in your partner and compliment him/her.
- Shower your partner with praise
- Listen to your partner (this means giving him/her time)
- Listen to understand — not to judge
- Use active listening (summarize what your partner says before you make comments)
- Share your feelings. Your partner can not read your mind.
- Use I statements (for example. I feel _____).
- Seek solutions to problems rather than blaming each other
- If a problem persist don’t hesitate to ask for help. A relationship coach or therapist can teach you effective conflict resolution skills. Click here to learn more about the premarital coaching I offer.
- Give your relationship the same time and effort you gave it when you first fell in love.
Premarital coaching is great way to get your relationship off to a good start. Click here to schedule a free premarital coaching consultation.