I have been a San Jose Wedding Officiant since 2002. Over the past eight years prospective clients have asked me a lot of great questions. I have listed the ten best questions below. Use them when interviewing officiants, and you are well on your way to finding the perfect person.
- Describe the wedding that you most enjoyed performing?
- How do you handle clients who have a different belief system then you?
- What makes a wedding ceremony personal?
- If you become sick or are otherwise unable to show up on our wedding day, what is your back-up plan?
- What specific training do you have that qualifies you do this work and do you belong to any professional associations?
- Are you legally authorized to perform wedding ceremonies?
- How early do arrive on the wedding day?
- What makes you a good public speaker?
- How do you typically dress for a wedding ceremony?
- How will you work collaboratively with wedding coordinators, photographers and other wedding professionals that I hire?
If you have any great questions for officiants that you would like to share with others, please post them!